My first Hacking Health project, appropriately labeled “HH1″ is to build a simple device that alerts someone, sets off an alarm, or both, when a low blood sugar level is reached, specifically when sleeping. I want the device to be super simple to understand, operate and depend on.
Here are the requirements.
- Safe – must not have potential to harm user in ANY way
- Battery powered – must last through a typical 8-10 hour night
- Comfortable to wear – must not interfere with a good night’s sleep
- Reliable – must not “cry wolf”
- Simple to use – turn it on, check for “ok” status and that’s it
- Extensible – easy to add new functions to so the unit gets better over time
Please let me know if you think I’m missing anything elemental. I will be posting some more info on how I will share my progress shortly.